newsletter

Saturday, October 10, 2015

My Favorite Month of the Year




La Boca, 16" x 20" oil on canvas



Dear Art Friends,

October is my favorite month. Perhaps because I was born in October, but also because it feels more like fall. It feels festive to me but not crazy busy as during December.

I have been busy painting both, realistic and abstract artwork.  I did the 30 day painting challenge again in September so had to work on abstracts to keep up with the challenge.  Below is one of my latest modern realistic paintings inspired by an old shipping town called La Boca in Buenos Aires Argentina.  Can you tell I love color?

I also have some artwork in a group show at the La Jolla Senior Center until the end of November 2015.

I had three garage sales last month. I'm trying to empty my storage unit and live a simpler life, with more experiences and less stuff.  I found a few things that I really like but don't have a use for it, and I'm thinking of doing a three dimensional sculpture of some kind. Excited about it!

This is it for now.  Going out of town for my birthday and plan to take a lot of photographs for future paintings.

Love,
Glad

P. S. Sign up for my updates at Gladsart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment