newsletter

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Crazy Art Scene in L. A.

Art, color pencils on illustration board


















Dear Friends,

I hope you are enjoying your summer.  This summer I had the opportunity to exhibit my artwork in Los Angeles at the Chocolate & Art Show.  It has been a long time since I have shown my art in an L. A. gallery.  I forgot how different and fun Los Angeles art receptions could be.   There were about 700 people attending the show and the art was a wide range of subjects and mediums.  

While in Los Angeles I attended the first gallery I showed my artwork back in 1985, at Barnesdall Park.  I remember the excitement of having my first work of art on display.  I was tempted to participate in their next art show.

I received the news that my artwork "Collage" was chosen by Poet Mary L. Quigley for her poem "Life's Portals" and it will be published along with her poem in the publication "Summation IV".  Very exciting for me :)

Until the next blog entry...

Love,
Glad





Sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment