newsletter

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Back to School



Black and White, 16"x20" on canvas panel





















Hi Friends,

This year I went back to school. Being a self-taught artist, I always wanted to have all those wonderful art classes I didn't take in college, so this year I went back. I am loving every single art class I have.

I must admit that learning the fundamentals is hard work. I've never worked so hard on doing black and white oil paintings as I am right now with Painting 1.  But it's so much fun too.  

I love my Color and Theory class as well.  It amazes me that nothing has color, that an object is simply absorbing from the spectrum a particular hue, thus the lighting can change the color of an object.  

I've also been working on graphite drawings for my Drawing 2 class. I forgot how rewarding it is to create just using a pencil!

This month my artwork "Chance" will be on exhibit at the Escondido Municipal Art Gallery.  I hope to meet some of you during the Artist Reception.

Love,
Glad



Sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment