newsletter

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Here We Go Again...

Greek Lady, my first painting in 1985
16"x20" oil on canvas panel




























Dear Friends,

Here we are in the middle of August and I just couldn't stay away from signing up for an oil painting 2 class at the local community college. Class starts next week :)

I had wanted to take a break because I wanted to create my own art, and then I realized what I really wanted to do was take a break from figure painting.

Time to paint other things, like butterflies...yes, I started painting butterflies, and look forward to painting still life paintings, and landscapes, and even more abstracts!  The Butterfly Series will be posted on the website in September. At least the first three :)
 

I was in Los Angeles last weekend and went to visit Barnsdale Art Gallery (The gallery I first exhibit my art for the first time in 1985).  I also went to the Rose Bowl Flea Market for the first time!!!  I wanted to see what type of art I could find there but sad to say I was not very impressed.  But sure had fun walking around the flea market and seeing all the wonderful treasures people were selling and seeing what people were buying.

I miss going to the art shows in Escondido on 2nd Saturday, but it's been a busy summer with the photography gig going until the end of November and now the new art class starting next week.

Have fun!

Love,
Glad




Sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment