newsletter

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Love My New Place




Butterfly 1, 8"x10" oil on canvas


























Dear Friends,

It's been over a month at my new place and I must say, I'm surprised how much I like it here. I used to live in this area before I moved to Escondido, and find myself in awe to find myself so much happier here. 

With my new transition, I applied for a temporary gig as a photographer and I was again nicely surprised to get the gig! A big thank you to those of you I asked for recommendations, as this is my first "Job" after many years, as I have always been self-employed with the exception of my first job after high school.  I was really moved by the letters you wrote and the wonderful things you said about me. I will always be grateful for your kindness.  Feel so lucky to have such wonderful friends :)

I did some photography back in my 20's and actually got a few awards and some photographs printed, but dropped it quickly when I discovered oil painting.  I always enjoyed it and since I feel complete with my art classes for now, and not taking any more classes for a year, I was wondering about taking some photography classes at the local community college but then I thought, what better way to learn than working at a studio and getting paid for it.

I am learning so much already, and feel I can expand to different phases of photography in this company if I so desire, after my gig is up in late November...like Photoshop! Yeap, I only know basic stuff when it comes to editing images and it can be rather useful for my art.

I just finished two paintings. I will upload them next week to the website. I sent one to my mailing list with a special sale offer. If you haven't joined my mailing list, you can do so at my home page, at this website.

I am going to work on smaller artwork for the rest of the year. I will be creating a series of butterfly paintings...they seem to be popping up everywhere I go lately, so I take it as a sign that they need to be painted. Perhaps a symbol of my own transformation as I transition through so many changes this year.  Very exciting!

Love,
Glad


Sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment