newsletter

Monday, July 14, 2014

Love Lots of Sales



Siesta, 10"x10" Mixed media on canvas


Dear Friends,

July has been a great month for art sales. I'm always surprised that the paintings I do for fun, the ones that don't necessarily have the right perspective or the cool colors are in the front and the warm ones in the back, and are simple and almost whimsical, are the ones my fans seem to enjoy the most.  It's so rewarding to me when these type of paintings sell, verses the ones that one would consider fine art, because they are part of my own inner world.

This month I also received an award and cash for my painting "Tide Pool" from the Escondido Municipal Art Gallery. It was such a wonderful 2nd Saturday Art Walk in Escondido, where I connected with new and old friends.  I was also nicely surprised to see some of my fans come up to me to greet me at the reception.  I so love to hear feedback on my work.

I spent sometime up dating the website and added some artwork to sites that can create prints of my work. Check them out at Imagekind.com or Fineartamerica.com.  By the way, I now do have auctions of paintings that were studies at DailyPaintworks.com as well. Stop by for some real deals while they last. 

This is it for now.  May your summer continue to be fun and cool.

Love,
Glad



Sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment