newsletter

Saturday, January 4, 2014

30 Paintings Challenge


Pink Flower, 8"x10" oil on canvas


Happy New Year my friends!

Here is painting one of the thirty paintings I plan to do this month.

This painting took me a bit longer than I expected, which is great because I'm already learning to evaluate the complexity of the painting before deciding to paint it, and leave the more complicated paintings for when I have more time.

The paintings I will create during the next 24 days are from photographs I took and put it in my "Future Paintings" folder, so there may not be a theme, other than they were in this folder, waiting for me to paint.  

This particular painting is from a photograph I took last year, while visiting watercolor artist Tom Tiedeman. I don't really know the name of the flower, but if you do, let me know. I just saw it and found it to be so beautiful. 

Enjoy you day.

Love,
Glad



Sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment