newsletter

Thursday, January 16, 2014

What a Challenge!

Dad's Garage, 6"x6" oil on canvas
























Dear Friends,

It's been a challenge for sure to paint 30 paintings in 30 days. I have learned so much already.

For starters, I don't like to paint in a hurry. Painting is a process that brings me joy. I am a slow painter and enjoy each brush stroke, and taking breaks, and let the painting unfold. So glad I am more aware of my painting timing.

I like to paint large! I tried to paint smaller, but it seems that the small paintings take just as much time as the larger ones for me, so I prefer to paint on larger canvases.

I like to paint what makes me happy. Today I got an email from some one who viewed my website and told me I didn't have my own style. I do have my own unique way of painting but perhaps I do not have a theme. Most artist do themes, but I am at a point where I want to paint whatever inspiration brings.

Sometimes I do start a series, but it's ever evolving with time. I usually do three pieces for a series, but always with the intention that it will grow with time, when it needs to grow.

It's been hard to keep up with the painters who do daily paintings, but I also noticed that there are those who are doing a big painting instead of 30 small ones, and posting updates instead. I like this idea better as I do have a few big paintings that need to be expressed soon.

Anyway, back to painting!



Love,
Glad



Sign up for my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment