newsletter

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Challenge and Installation Complete!

Bob and I installing Art for the Heart show






















Dear Beautiful Art Friends,

Last time I posted I had finished updating my website, well so I thought. After giving it a final check I changed a lot of things and now I do think it's perfect! If you have a chance take a look at it, I would appreciate your feedback.

Installation for Art from the Heart show is all complete. It took us almost three hours! It was very hard to level the painting because of the wiring system they use. There are tricks to it though, so next time it should be faster.  

You can go to the Riford Center in La Jolla and enjoy the exhibit now, and though I'm the featured artist for March, there are many other artists exhibiting their artwork, so worth the stop. Better yet, come to the opening reception Feb 13, 2016 at 4:30 pm. I will be there until 7:00 pm.

The 30 paintings in 30 days challenge is over. Gives me a tad of more time to create more of the art I want to create. I ended up the challenge with several Valentine's day paintings which started selling pretty well. I still have a few left and I'm planning to take them to my art reception, which is what I intended to do with them in the first place. You can see them at my website, under Whimsical Paintings.

I was invited by the Escondido Municipal Art Gallery to donate a piece of artwork for their Panache Auction event. It's a pretty fancy event. It's an honor to be invited as they only invite artists that have won awards and they feel meets the quality level of good art.  I'm having a hard time choosing which piece to donate but I'm sure I will figure it out by the time it's due.

This is it for today. I need to head over to 57 Degrees in San Diego and pick up my artwork from the last show.

Have fun and if you find any interesting art articles, send me a link.

Love,
Glad

P. S. Sign up for my updates at Gladsart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment